Easter Sunrise Service
Join us this year for what has become a “Washington Tradition.”
We will gather at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial to proclaim to our city, nation, and world that Christ is risen. At 6:30 AM, thousands will gather to celebrate the resurrection for the 37th Annual Easter Sunrise Service at the Lincoln Memorial!
Host, Pastor Amos Dodge will bring a hope-filled message of Easter’s triumph on
April 5, 2015!
**There will be a live webcast of the service!**
6:30am Sunrise Service
Lincoln Memorial, Washington, D.C.
- Dress Comfortably!
– We suggest a coat or blanket for the often brisk morning.
– Volunteers will be around the area to help direct you to available parking areas (please obey all traffic and parking signs).
– Service happens rain or shine!
Traveling from Out-of-Town? Here are some suggestions for the Sunrise Service:
- Recommended Hotels
- Parking Instructions (the Metro starts running at 7 AM on Sundays)
– The closest parking is along Constitution Avenue, on the numbered streets off Constitution Avenue going north towards Virginia Avenue, on Parkway Drive along the Potomac River towards Route 66, and on Ohio Drive.
– DO NOT park on Henry Bacon Drive or on Daniel French Drive unless you have a special (green) parking permit from The National Park Service or a handicap permit.
– Give yourself a minimum of 15 minutes to walk from your parking space to the Lincoln Memorial.
Is 6:30 a little early for you? There is another Easter worship service at Capital Church at 10:30am!
2014 Easter Sunrise Service at the Lincoln Memorial
This past year’s service (2014) made it to the front page of the Washington Post! Read what the Washington Post said about the service.
Visit The Washington Talent Easter Sunrise Service page for pictures from 2014.